This battery is a continuation of the Half Moon Battery and defends the
Eastern end of the Castle. Rebuilt in 1544 on an approximate line of the old medieval defences then
heightened in 1573 after the Lang Siege.
It was reconstructed further in the 17th century and is now armed with
six iron guns made during the Napoleonic Wars about 1810.