HALF MOON BATTERY 1573-88
Built on the orders of the Regent Morton after the Lang Seige, The Half
Moon battery is an impressive part of the castle's defenses, giving the
cannons a wide angel of fire behind a tall, sloping unsurmountable walls.
the foreground is the remains of a shattered towerhouse which was built
for David II in 1368. Destroyed during the seige in 1573