ORDNANCE STORES & HOSPITAL
These buildings on the west side of the castle, were built to a design
by William Skinner in 1753 and consisted of two storerooms for arms and
military equipment built on either side of a courtyard.
was in this courtyard that the main gunpowder magazine originally stood.
In 1897 this was demolished and the two storhouses were redesigned as
a military hospital which was previously housed in the Great Hall.