QUEEN ANNE BUILDING
In the later Middle Ages, this location seems to have served as kitchens
to the Great Hall as well as the Gunhouse.
The design of the present building is thought to have been inspired by
the French invasion scare of 1708 (being built this year) and provided
the quarters for staff officers, accomodating the barrack master, master
gunner, school master and chaplain.
It was rebuilt in 1933 as the Naval and Military Museum to complement
the Scottish National War Memorial.