one time, a route to the Cowgate,
this site is a revival of an old close, now incorporated
architecturally into The Radisson Blu Hotel.
1773 occupants here were designated a floor exclusive to
their social position. The majority of these were trademen,
who sold their wares nearby.
is of interest to reflect that many of the signed entrances
were forerunners to contemporary shop front advertising.