sited the mansion of John Murray of Blackbarony around
1580; He was father to Sir Gideon Murray, the Ist Lord
It provides a route to the New Assemblies Hall, a handsome Georgian building
designed and built by Gillespie Graham.
It would later accomodate public dances, the Highland society, the King's Arms
Tavern, The Commercial Bank of Scotland (1814-1847) and Edinburgh Wax Museum.