Orignally sited next to the Camera Obscura Outlook Tower in Ramsay Lane.
Established in 1847 by Dr.
Thomas Guthrie, a preacher and reformer, this boarding school
housed 45 of the old town's most destitute children.They
were educated, fed and lived here.
boys were also taught how to make shoes and clothes whilst the girls were
trained to be 'thrifty wives for working men'