impressive building was built in 1859 for the breakaway Free
Church who originally met at the Tollbooth Kirk.
on Mound Place it overlooks Princes Street at the top of
It served as the temporary home of the New Scottish Parliament
from 1999, until completion of the new Parliament
Building at Holyrood in October 2004.
Assembly hall also hosts the meetings of the annual General
Assembly of the Church of Scotland and during Festival time
the location is an impressive venue with a stage for large-scale